Crispy Skinned Salmon with Sesame and Ginger Steamed Asian Veg
Prep/cooking time: about 15 mins
1 bunch of bok choy
1 bunch of broccolini
A handful of shiitake mushrooms
1 cup white cabbage
Small knob of ginger
2 small cloves of garlic
- Preheat your oven to 180C.
- Roughly chop veg including garlic and ginger and add to a steamer basket, drizzle with a very small amount of sesame oil (it tends to be quite strong so you can use a light hand). Steam over a little boiling water for 6-10 mins until tender.
- Salt the flesh and skin of the salmon and place skin side down on a nice hot pan (with a drizzle of olive oil) for about 4 mins.
- Transfer to the oven for a further 7 mins. Use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature of the thickest part of the fish - it’s ready to come out and rest when it’s 52C or higher. Rest for about 5 mins once removed from the oven.
- Remove from the heat and sprinkle steamed veg with a little salt to taste, toss through using some tongs, then plate it up with your salmon on top. Yum!