Homemade Mince and Cheese Party Pies
Serves: 12 mini pies
Preparation time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 20 - 30 mins
- 300g Cannings Premium Beef Mince
- One small onion
- One small garlic clove
- Ashgrove Grass Fed Butter
- 1 - 2 cups Tasty cheese
- 4 x Puff pastry sheets
- 1 x Cannings Beef Bone Broth (you can also substitute for free range beef stock)
- 1 tsp cornflour
- A few sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 1 - 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp Cannings Tomato Sauce (or to taste) plus extra to serve
- How Now Milk (for brushing pastry)
- Salt and pepper to taste
A muffin tin and a heavy based fry pan.
- Preheat your oven to 200C. At the same time, grease a muffin tin with butter, and if your puff pastry sheets are frozen, pop them out onto the bench to thaw.
- Finely chop your garlic and onion, as well as your rosemary. Transfer to a fry pan with a decent knob of butter and fry until soft and turning golden.
- Add your beef mince into the pan and fry until nicely browned and cooked through.
- Add about a quarter to half of your tub of bone broth, as well as the Worcestershire, tomato sauce and the cornflour (add a little extra if you need) and cook until the sauce is nicely thickened. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Take off the heat and allow to cool slightly
- Cut your puff pastry into circles and fit into the muffin tins (press the pastry into the tins so it conforms to the shape, but depending on how thawed your pastry is, remember to be gentle so it doesn’t tear!). Leave enough extra pastry rounds to add the tops to the pies later!
- Fill your pastry cups about ¾ full, then add a thin layer of tasty cheese on top. Press your pie lids on top of this and seal with a fork, adding a few pricks on the top to let the hot air out.
- Brush the tops with a little milk or butter (this will help them get lovely and golden. Bake in oven for around 20 - 30 mins or until pastry is golden and cooked through.
- Enjoy with some beautiful Cannings Tomato Sauce!