Honey and Balsamic Glazed Lamb Riblets
2 packs of Cannings Grass Fed Lamb Riblets
¼ cup runny local honey
¼ cup balsamic vinegar
½ cup of olive oil
3 sticks of rosemary
1 small handful of mint leaves
4 cloves of garlic
4 tbsp olive oil
One big pinch of salt (or add to taste)
2 brown onions
- Roughly crush and chop garlic, plus rosemary and mint. Add to a bowl with honey, olive oil, salt and balsamic vinegar and mix to combine.
- Add riblets into a container or the bag they came in and coat well with marinade. Leave to marinate in the fridge overnight or for at least two hours.
- When the ribs are finished marinating, preheat your oven to 170C. Roughly chop the onions and lay out across the bottom of a roasting tray lined with baking paper. Lay the ribs out on top of the onions, with plenty of space between each rib.
- Bake for an hour or until meat is tender, turning once halfway through cooking.
- If the meat is looking crispy enough for you, you can serve as is - otherwise pop the oven up to 200C and cook for a further 10+ minutes. Keep a very close eye on them during this process to ensure they don’t burn!
- Serve with a salad of chopped cucumber, avocado, butter lettuce, mint and olive oil and enjoy!