Kimchi Chicken Noodle Soup
2 - 3 cups free range chicken bone broth
2 tbsp kimchi
1 - 2 tbsp soy sauce (to taste)
2 finely sliced spring onions
2 tsp minced ginger
2 small cloves of sliced garlic
A few bok choy leaves
3 - 4 shiitake mushrooms
About 1 tsp sesame oil
About 1 tsp mirin (add to taste)
1 small nest of rice noodles
1. Add a lug of peanut oil to a pot, then throw in garlic, ginger and spring onions and fry on a medium heat until soft and fragrant.
2. Pour in your chicken broth, then add the kimchi. Pop the lid on and let the broth simmer for 15 minutes or so, then add sesame oil, plus soy sauce and mirin to taste (add more as you feel!).
3. Thinly slice your chicken breast, then add to your pot to cook through. Slice your shiitake mushrooms and add to the broth.
4. In the meantime, prepare your noodles per packet directions (usually this will involve soaking the noodles in hot/warm water until they soften). Once they are nice and soft, add into your broth with the bok choy leaves. The bok choy doesn't need too long as we just want it to soften slightly.
5. Plate up and enjoy! This soup is awesome with a bit of extra kimchi on the side!