Preparation time: 10 min
Cooking time: 25-30 min
- 4 Tasmanian salmon fillets
- 500g fresh green beans
- 3 tsp olive oil, divided
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 Tbsp pesto, homemade*
- 4 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- Preheat your oven to 180C. Bring a pot of water to a boil. Cut four pieces of aluminium foil into 35cm lengths. Boil green beans for 3 minutes, then carefully drain.
- Toss green beans with 2 tsp olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste, divide into 4 servings and layer in center of each piece of foil.
- Season both sides of salmon with salt and pepper. Lay the salmon over the green beans and spread 1 Tbsp pesto over top.
- Drizzle 1 tsp lemon juice over each fillet. Toss tomatoes with the remaining 1 tsp olive oil and season lightly with salt. Spread over each salmon fillet. Wrap the sides of the foil in, then wrap ends upward to seal (don’t wrap too tightly you want the hot air to be able to circulate).
- Place side by side on a baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven until salmon has cooked through, about 25 – 30 minutes – cook time will vary depending on thickness of salmon and desired degree of doneness, but don’t worry about overcooking – it’s almost impossible to overcook something wrapped in foil. *Fresh basil leaves, extra virgin olive oil, pine nuts, garlic cloves, salt & pepper – mix all together in a food processor.
Suggested wine: Sauvignon Blanc