Preparation time: 5 mins
Cooking time: around 20 - 25 mins
1 Free Range Duck Breast (speak to the friendly team at your local Cannings)
1 bunch of broccolini
A heavy based fry pan (cast iron is perfect for this)
A baking tray
A meat thermometer (optional but recommended!)
- Preheat your oven to 180C. Make sure your duck breast has come up to room temperature on the bench for an even cook. Lightly score the skin and rub with salt and pepper.
- In the meantime, pop your broccolini into a baking tray, with a few blobs of duck fat placed evenly over the top (this will melt and add flavour and crispiness to your veg). Sprinkle with salt.
- On your stove, heat a heavy based fry pan up nice and hot. Add some duck fat to the pan, and when it's at sizzling point, place your duck breast in skin down. Fry for 5 - 7 mins or until the skin is golden and crispy.
- Transfer your duck breast to your oven tray. Check on your broccolini at this point - if it's cooked through and crispy at this point you can take it out, otherwise leave it in with your duck breast to get extra crispy and delicious. Bake for a further 10 - 15 mins or until the internal temperature is around 63C on a meat thermometer (for medium rare).
- Remove from oven and allow duck breast to rest for 5 - 10 mins before serving. Slice, drizzle a little pan juice over the meat and enjoy!