Sweet Chilli Glazed Lamb Meatballs
Meatballs have got to be one of the most versatile foods out there. They can be fancy, simple, plain, spicy, sweet, Summery, Wintery - you name it! Something we especially love about meatballs is their knack for pleasing both kids and adults (and the fact that we can pop them in either group's lunch the next day).
We loved how simple these meatballs were to make, and although they're delicious on their own, the sweet chilli sauce really took them to an extra level of moreish for us!
300g Free Range Lamb Mince
1 - 2 tbsp finely diced red onion
1 clove garlic
1 tsp garam masala
½ tsp cumin
½ tsp paprika
½ a free range egg
1 tbsp gluten free breadcrumbs
A big pinch of salt
Cannings Sweet Chilli Sauce
- Preheat oven to 180C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl until evenly combined.
- Roll the mix into meatballs - you can make them whatever size you like. We opted for about 1 tbsp of mixture per meatball.
- Drizzle with olive oil and pop into the oven for 15 - 20 mins.
- When they come out, brush your meatballs generously with Cannings Sweet Chilli Sauce - it makes a delicious glaze! We served our meatballs on top of a salad of baby spinach, cucumber, roasted pumpkin, red onion and hummus, topped with a few roasted pine nuts. We think a pita with your favourite meditteranean salads and a bit of hummus and tzatziki would be amazing too!