Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Chicken Breast
An easy and delicious way to serve chicken breast, packed with sneaky veggies and wrapped in free range streaky bacon. If you find your chicken breasts dry out this is a really good way to keep them nice and succulent!
- 2 Free Range Chicken Breasts
- 4 strips of Free Range Streaky Bacon (double this if you'd like a bit of extra bacon coverage)
- About 5 swiss brown mushrooms
- Handful of fresh parsley
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 shallot
- 1/4 cup of sundried tomatoes
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat your oven to 200C.
- Flatten the chicken breast with a meat tenderiser until it's nice and flat (you can also ask a team member to tenderise the breast for you in-store when you buy your meat!). Season all over with salt and pepper.
- Finely dice mushrooms, garlic, shallot, sundried tomatoes and parsley.
- In a hot pan, fry mushrooms, garlic and shallot in a drizzle of olive oil. Just before everything is done (when it's looking nice and golden), add sundried tomato and parsley and season with balsamic vinegar and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly. Lay out chicken breasts and fill with mushroom filling, then roll up into a tube. Wrap the bacon around the chicken and seal using toothpicks.
- Place onto a baking tray and bake for 20 mins, then pop under your griller if the bacon could use a bit of extra crisping up. (Before you transfer to the grill you can also use a basting brush to brush over any bacon juices from the tray.) This will only take a few minutes so keep your eye on it!
- Rest for 5 - 10 mins then slice thinly and serve with your favourite veggies. Pairs really well with a nice green salad!