BBQ Pulled Pork Shoulder
This recipe is awesome for entertaining, and is sure to please a crowd. If you’re making this at home for your family, expect plenty of leftovers - these can be frozen and defrosted as needed.
- 2kg Cannings Bone In Pork Shoulder
- 1 cup Cannings Smoky Sauce (or your favourite BBQ sauce)
- ½ cup Cannings Chicken Bone Broth
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- ⅛ cup light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon mustard (use American style or Dijon)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon chilli powder
- 1 extra large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Brioche buns and coleslaw to serve
- Combine Smoky Sauce, Chicken Bone Broth, apple cider vinegar, brown sugar, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, chilli powder, garlic and thyme in a bowl and mix together. Set your slow cooker to high.
- Roughly chop the onion and add to the bottom of the slow cooker with 1 tbsp vegetable oil.
- Place the pork shoulder on top of this and then pour over the marinade. Put the lid on your slow cooker for 9 hours (check the meat around the 5 hour mark) or until the meat pulls easily away from the bone.
- Once the roast is cooked to your liking, remove from the slow cooker and shred meat using two forks, then combine with any remaining juices. (If it isn’t thick enough you can add a little cornflour to thicken).
- Toast the brioche buns and add coleslaw and a generous heaping of pulled pork.