Christmas Beef Cooking Guide
A guide to cooking your festive beef feast to perfection!
- Cannings Premium Eye Fillet
- Tallow (or butter and olive oil)
- Condiments: red wine jus, wilted greens, potatoes
Premium Beef Eye Fillet
- Sear the fillet on all sides for around 7 mins or until browned evenly. Then close the BBQ lid or move into the oven. Obtain a steady 180°C and bake for 30 - 40 mins. Rest for 10 mins before slicing.
- If you have a meat thermometer, insert it into the middle of the thickest part of the roasting piece and follow this temperature guide: Medium rare: 52-55°C Medium: 60-65°C Well done: 70+°C
- Serve with red wine jus, crispy roast vegetables (try using tallow instead of butter/olive oil!) and wilted greens.