Christmas Lamb Cooking Guide
- 14 Day Aged Leg of Lamb (bone in) or 14 Day Aged Lamb Shoulder (bone in)
- 1x orange
- 1x lemon
- 1x garlic clove
- Rosemary, handful
- Mint jelly
- Tallow (or butter and olive oil)
- Condiments: crispy roast vegetables
14 Day Aged Leg of Lamb (bone in)
- Preheat your oven to 180°C and cook for 20 - 30 mins per 500g for medium rare lamb. For a 2.5kg leg of lamb this will be around 1 hour and 40 mins. If you prefer your lamb well done add another 40 or so mins to the cooking time. Baste a couple of times during cooking.
- If you have a meat thermometer, insert it into the middle of the biggest part of the roasting piece and follow this temperature guide: Medium rare: 52-55°C Medium: 60-65°C Well done: 70+°C
- Serve with orange and mint jelly, crispy roast vegetables (try using tallow instead of butter/olive oil!) and gravy.
Tip: marinate your lamb overnight before cooking for extra flavour; lemon and fresh herbs pair beautifully with lamb!
14 Day Aged Lamb Shoulder (bone in)
- Lamb shoulder is best cooked low and slow. Preheat your oven to 140°C, then roast for 5 hours or more with your favourite flavours.
- Serve with classic flavours like garlic and rosemary!