Festive Glazed Salmon Fillet
Nothing beats seafood for a warm Aussie Christmas! This decadent salmon recipe is perfect hot or cold and is sure to impress your guests this festive season.
- 1 pack of Cannings Christmas Glaze
- 1 side of Ora King Salmon
- 1 bunch of dill
- 1 cup of Greek yoghurt
- 1 fresh pomegranate
- Squeeze of Lemon
- A handful of de-shelled pistachios (optional)
- Salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 200C (or turn on your BBQ and put the lid down).
- Take out salmon and rub all over with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Pop the salmon onto a lined tray skin side down, then pour the glaze all over the salmon, spreading evenly.
- Bake for 20 mins, basting with more glaze midway through the cooking time. After this time, crank your griller up to medium - high and finish the salmon off under it. Keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn’t burn - you just want to get that glaze looking nice and caramelised. When the fillet reads 52ºC on a meat thermometer, it’s ready to come out of the oven so leave it in (in the oven, rather than under the grill) for a bit longer if you need to!
- While the salmon is in the oven or BBQ, combine 1 cup of Greek yoghurt, a generous amount of picked dill leaves (you can judge how much of this to put in by eye), a squeeze of lemon and a pinch of salt and pepper to taste. If using pistachios, roughly chop and toast them then set aside.
- Cut open the pomegranate and remove the seeds, then set aside.
- When the salmon comes out of the oven, allow it to rest for at least 15 minutes before serving or cutting into it. It will continue cooking during this time so don’t skip this step (your target temperature is around 57ºC on a meat thermometer after resting).
- When you are ready to serve, slather the greek yoghurt over the top of the salmon, then sprinkle over a generous amount of pomegranate seeds, topping off with a final sprinkle of dill leaves and pistachios.