Mexican Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Tacos With Pineapple Salsa
An easy and wholesome taco recipe using our free range pork. If you're feeding a crowd or want to have lots of delicious leftovers, this is a great option!
- 1.5kg pork neck roast (boneless shoulder)
- 1 red onion
- 4 large cloves of garlic
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup Jalapeno slices
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- Corn taco tortillas
- Cherry tomatoes
- Red onion
- Take the pork out of its packaging and pat dry with paper towel. Rub all over with a big pinch of salt and pepper making sure you get all of the meat. Then take two big pinches of oregano, one big pinch of cumin and one smaller pinch of paprika and rub all over the surface of the meat.
- Set your slow cooker to high and place the meat in with a big drizzle of olive oil. Chop the garlic and onion, and throw on top with the jalapeno and orange juice.
- Cook for 7 - 8 hours until the meat pulls apart easily.
- Allow to cool slightly, then remove from the slow cooker and shred meat.
- Transfer to a hot pan in batches (or just do what you need for now and save the rest for later as you’ll have a lot of meat!) with a bit of olive oil and sear to create some crispy, crunchy bits. Set aside.
- To make the salsa, finely dice the remaining red onion, then chop the pineapple, cherry tomatoes and avocado. Combine in a bowl with a squeeze of lime and plenty of finely chopped coriander.
- On a clean pan, heat each tortilla for 20 - 30 seconds per side, then load up with meat and salsa on top.