Sean's Lifesaving Chicken (Sausage) Nuggets
- 6x Cannings Chicken Florentine Sausages
- 2 cups breadcrumbs (we used GF crumbs for a gluten free option!)
- Olive oil or butter
- Preheat your oven to 180C.
- Squeeze your sausage fillings out of their casings and shape into ‘nugget’ shapes (these can be as big or small as you like - we usually go for 3 - 4 nuggets per sausage). TIP: keep a little bowl of water near your work station to dip your fingers in as the mix can be quite sticky!
- Roll your nuggets in the breadcrumbs until they are evenly coated. The sausage mix will be nice and sticky so you won’t need any batter!
- Pop your nuggets onto an oven tray and drizzle with olive oil. Bake for 15 - 20 mins, or until golden and cooked though. (Tip: you can also do these in a pan with a bit of butter if you prefer!)
- Serve with some Cannings Tomato Sauce (and possibly sneak a few for yourself!)
TIP: If you’re not a sausage person, you can always substitute for your favourite cut of plain chicken (slices of breast, or chicken tenders are always a winner). Just dip the strips into some lightly beaten egg before you roll in the breadcrumbs and you’re good to go!