Simple Asian Style Ginger Noodle Soup
A quick, easy and light Asian style soup with ginger and fresh veggies!
- 2 - 3 cups free range chicken bone broth
- 1/2 tbsp diced spring onion
- 1/2 a shallot, diced
- 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 1 star anise
- 4 shiitake mushrooms
- A few shimeji mushrooms
- A few bok choy leaves
- Fresh egg noodles
- Sesame oil
- Add your shallots, ginger and spring onions to a pot with a dash of sesame oil, and fry until soft.
- Pour in your chicken bone broth, plus one star anise. Leave to simmer for around 15 minutes so the flavour can infuse.
- Add your mushrooms in and simmer for a further 5 minutes before removing the star anise. Add in a handful of fresh egg noodles plus your bok choy.
- Let them simmer for a minute or so until noodles are cooked through, then transfer to a bowl and serve.