Slow Cooked Lamb Shoulder
The perfect recipe to surprise Mums for their special day. This lamb recipe is very easy to do and everyone will love it.
- 1.5 kg lamb boneless shoulder (out of the fridge a few minutes to come to room temperature)
- 20ml olive Oil (divided in two portions)
- 5gm Fresh Rosemary, chopped
- 5gm Lemon Zest
- Preheat your oven to 150C. Put your netted lamb shoulder in an oven tray, rub some olive oil and salt over the top.
- Cover the lamb gently with foil and put in the oven for 7 hours at 150C.
- Remove the foil and cook uncovered for the final hour to get the outside layer of fat nice and crispy. When it’s done, allow the shoulder to rest for 5 mins and then gently cut away the net and pull apart with two forks.
- Add the chopped fresh rosemary, lemon zest and remaining olive oil. Toss everything together.
- Serve with roast potatoes and sweet potatoes and a salad.