Super Simple Salt and Pepper Crispy Duck Breast With Roasted Broccolini
How to perfectly cook crispy duck breast and impress your friends and family. Easy to make, this succulent duck breast recipe will have mouths watering in no time.
- 1 Free Range Duck Breast
- Cannings Free Range Duck Fat
- Murray River Salt
- 1 bunch of broccolini
- Preheat your oven to 180C. Make sure your duck breast has come up to room temperature on the bench for an even cook. Lightly score the skin and rub with salt and pepper.
- In the meantime, pop your broccolini into a baking tray, with a few blobs of duck fat placed evenly over the top (this will melt and add flavour and crispiness to your veg). Sprinkle with salt.
- Add your duck breast skin side down to a fry pan on medium heat (start it from cold - this will help to render the fat). Fry for about 7 mins or until the skin is golden and crispy. Flip and cook for a further 4 mins or so on the other side.
- Transfer your duck breast to the oven tray. Check on your broccolini at this point - if it's cooked through and crispy at this point you can take it out, otherwise leave it in with your duck breast to get extra crispy and delicious. Bake for a further 10 or so mins or until the internal temperature is around 63C on a meat thermometer (for medium rare).
- Remove from oven and allow duck breast to rest for 5 - 10 mins before serving. Slice, drizzle a little pan juice over the meat and enjoy!