Sweet Chilli & Garlic Prawn Skewers with Coconut Rice and Asian Veg
Beautiful Aussie prawns in a sweet chilli sauce - perfect for the BBQ!
- 20 prawns
- Garlic, chopped
- Cannings sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tin coconut milk
- ¼ cup water
- 6 skewers
- Rice (to suit)
- Green vegetables (as desired)
- Open up the plastic bag your prawn cutlets came in and add 8 tbsp Cannings Sweet Chilli Sauce. Mix through to coat evenly and then pop the bag back in the fridge.
- Wash the rice thoroughly until the water runs almost clear (don't worry if it's not 100% clear). Soak the rice in water for around 15 mins, then drain and transfer to a small pot with a lid.
- Add 1/4 cup water to the pot and half of the tin of coconut milk, plus a pinch of salt. Bring to a rolling boil on high heat, then pop the lid on and turn down to low for a further 20 mins. (If the liquid looks like it's evaporating too fast towards the end of the cooking time, add a little more coconut milk, but try not to lift the lid too much.)
- Soak the skewers in water for around 10 mins, then remove and thread on 4 prawns per skewer. Wash and chop your veggies, then set aside.
- When the rice is done, take it off the heat with the lid on and set aside while you finish the rest of the meal. Bring a BBQ or flat pan up to a high heat and cook the prawn skewers for a few mins each side until they change colour. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a separate pan, add the rest of the coconut milk, any leftover sweet chilli/garlic mix from the bag the prawns were in and the green veg. Pop the lid on and steam on medium heat until the veg is cooked through to your liking.
- Plate up the rice, green veg with coconut sauce and a few skewers each and enjoy!