Tom's Smoked Leg Of Lamb
If you have a smoker at home, then Toorak manager Tom's smoked leg of lamb could be the perfect dish for you to try next!
- 1 Cannings grass fed and finished Easy Carve Lamb Leg
- 500ml olive oil
- 1.5 tsp crushed garlic
- A couple of good sprigs of rosemary
- 4 sprigs of thyme
- 4 stems of parsley leaves
- 2 birds eye chillies
- 1x lemon
- Hickory wood chips (for smoking)
- Chop all herbs plus the chillies, then mix everything except the lamb together in a bowl to form the marinade.
- Rub marinade all over the meat then pop in the fridge for at least 2 hours, or ideally overnight for the best flavour.
- Preheat your smoker to 110C, add some charcoal, then chuck the leg on. Throw in some wood chips about 10 minutes in (the first half an hour for smoking is the most important).
- Baste every hour after until it looks cooked (7ish hours), then rest for about 20 mins before serving.