Curious about where meat comes from, but don't want to get hands-on?
Our Glimpse Into Butchery Demonstration will have you watching on as one of our Master Butchers breaks down a whole side of beef before your eyes. In this in-depth demonstration one of our best butchers, with more than 15 years in the business, will take you step-by-step through beef anatomy and its culinary applications. Ever wondered which part of the beef is the most tender and why? Or where the scotch fillet comes from? Or even where we find the cuts that make an amazing lean mince? You will observe the knife-skills and dexterity required to break a side of beef down to its constituent cuts and come away with a newfound appreciation for beef – supported by an understanding of anatomy and the culinary applications of each cut.
- A cool stubby holder and a jute bag for shopping
- Wine after the class
- 15% off any meat purchased on the night
- Location: Cannings Kew (16 Woodford Ave, Kew, 3101)
- Time: 7pm to 8.30pm (approx) – includes dinner.
- Number of attendees: approx 8
- Price: TBA
*Each of our classes are once-off commitments.