We have adopted the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (the Privacy Act). The APPs govern the way in which we collect, use, disclose, store, secure and dispose of your Personal Information. A copy of the Australian Privacy Principles may be obtained from the website of The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at www.aoic.gov.au
What is Personal Information and why do we collect it?
Personal Information is information or an opinion that identifies an individual. When we refer to your Personal Information we are talking about things like: your name, address, email address, phone number, payment information, support queries, community comments and so on. This Personal Information is obtained in a number of ways when you visit our stores or use our online services, including via our websites www.canningsbutchers.com.au & www.canningschristmas.com.au. Some examples of instances where you may provide Personal Data to us include:
- • Making purchases in-store or online
- • Processing payments
- • Accepting customer orders including over the phone or via email
- • Creating an online account
- • Accepting gift voucher payments
- • When you sign up for electronic digital marketing e.g. joining our email newsletter or text messaging lists such as our VIP text service
- • When you interact with us on our social media platforms
- • When you communicate with us directly (in person or by email, telephone, direct mail or any other means)
- • When you interact with us by using devices within our stores (for example, placing your Christmas order or filling out our Cannings Customer Feedback Form)
- • If it is required to sight Photo Identification eg. proof of age when purchasing alcohol
- • During the application and recruitment process when you apply to work at Cannings Butchers (& during the course of your employment)
- • Occupational health and safety incident reports
- • Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) camera surveillance
- • Visitor Register
We collect your Personal Information for the primary purpose for which it was collected (which may require us to share your information with authorised third parties). We may also use your Personal Information for secondary purposes closely related to the primary purpose, in circumstances where you would reasonably expect such use or disclosure. An example may include following up on your order and experience.
You may unsubscribe from our mailing/marketing lists at any time by using the ‘unsubscribe’ or ‘opt out’ feature included in these services, or by contacting us in writing at [email protected].
When we collect Personal Information we will, where appropriate and where possible, explain to you why we are collecting the information and how we plan to use it. We don’t guarantee website links or policy of authorised third parties.
Sensitive information is defined in the Privacy Act to include information or opinion about such things as an individual's racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, sexual preference, membership of a political association, religious or philosophical beliefs, membership of a trade union or other professional body, criminal record or health information.
Sensitive information will be used by us only:
• For the primary purpose for which it was obtained
• For a secondary purpose that is directly related to the primary purpose
• With your consent; or where required or authorised by law.
Some examples include:
- • Dietary / allergen restrictions including for health and religious reasons. This may be disclosed voluntarily by you through either conversation, online chat or order notes.
Cannings Butchers use third parties for the collection, aggregation and delivery of some of our services - e.g. home delivery, digital communications, etc.
Some examples of third parties include:
- • Mailchimp
- • HDS (Home Delivery Services)
- • Burst SMS
- • Facebook and Instagram
- • Shopify
- • Online Payment Gateways & POS payments (such as TYRO, Shopify Pay, PayPal or Stripe)
- • Gmail and associated Google Suite products
- • Employment references for prospective employees
- • Publicly available sources
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that any third-party vendor deals with personal information in a way that is consistent with the Privacy Act however in providing your information to us via third-party platforms, you acknowledge that we cannot prevent the use (or misuse) of personal information by others. We encourage you to review their Privacy Policies.
Where reasonable and practicable to do so, we will collect your Personal Information only from you. However, in some circumstances we may be provided with information by third parties.
Examples of instances where information may be provided to us by third parties may include:
- • If someone arranges a home delivery or pickup order on your behalf
- • If someone arranges a Christmas order on your behalf
- • If someone provides feedback on your behalf
Occasionally, we may receive information about you from third parties. We will take reasonable steps to inform you of who we are, the reason why we are collecting your personal information, the consequences if we do not receive that personal information and any other matters required by law.
For further details, please see the ‘about Hotjar’ section of Hotjar’s support site.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Your Personal Information may be disclosed in a number of circumstances including the following:
Security of Personal Information
Your Personal Information is stored in a manner that reasonably protects it from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Access to your Personal Information
You may access the Personal Information we hold about you and to update and/or correct it, subject to certain exceptions. If you wish to access your Personal Information, please contact us in writing at [email protected]
Cannings Butchers will not charge any fee for your access request, but may charge an administrative fee for providing a copy of your Personal Information.You can expect that Cannings Butchers will acknowledge your request for access within two weeks and resolve your request within a reasonable timeframe.
In order to protect your Personal Information we may require identification from you before releasing the requested information.
Maintaining the Quality of your Personal Information
It is important to us that your Personal Information is up to date. We will take reasonable steps to make sure that your Personal Information is accurate, complete and up-to-date. If you find that the information we have is not up to date or is inaccurate, please advise us as soon as practicable so we can update our records and ensure we can continue to provide quality services to you.
This Policy may change from time to time and is available on our website.
1300 513 623