We’ve got a great salad recipe this month to serve alongside our Chicken with Coconut and Coriander sausages.
8 Cannings Chicken with Coconut and Coriander sausages
3 tbsp tallow*
200g snow peas, thinly sliced
2 carrots, cut into matchsticks
1 red capsicum, cut into matchsticks
½ red onion, finely sliced
1 red chilli, finely sliced
½ cup coriander leaves, chopped
1/3 cup sweet chilli sauce, plus extra to serve
juice of 1 lime
2 tsp fish sauce
1 tsp grated ginger
- Preheat BBQ to medium-high heat.
- For the salad, blanch the snow peas in boiling water until just tender, about 1 minute. Drain well.
- Toss snow peas with carrot, capsicum, onion, beanshoots, chilli and coriander. Combine the ingredients for the dressing and pour over the salad and toss well. Set aside.
- Melt tallow on the hot plate. Place sausages on the hot plate and cook for 3-4 minutes, until juices begin to appear. Transfer sausages to the grill and cook for a further 3-4 minutes either side until golden.
- Remove and serve with the salad and extra sweet chilli sauce.