Pork is not for everybody but once you gain a new understanding, you’ll love it. Working on one of our majestic free range pigs you’ll learn where the different types of bacon come from, the best cut for pulled pork and the difference between back ribs and spare ribs. Our master butchers will guide you through, step-by-step as you break the pig down to its familiar chops and roasting pieces – all the while recommending the best cooking methods for each one. You’ll learn that pork is truly one of the most versatile meats out there.
- A custom Cannings apron
- A Victorinox boning knife
- The meat you’ve prepped in the class
- A thermal bag to keep everything cool
- Dinner after the class, with a paired wine
- 15% off any additional meat purchased on the night
- Location: Cannings Kew (16 Woodford Ave, Kew, 3101)
- Time: 7pm to 10pm (approx) – includes dinner.
- Number of attendees: approx 6
- Price: $280 per person
*Each of our classes once-off commitments. You don’t need prior experience to pursue any of our classes (aside from domestic knife familiarity). Classes are managed by two or three (depending of the number of attendants) of our best butchers, they will assist everyone in the class and make sure it is a safe and comfortable learning environment. We want each of our students to feel confidant and comfortable and most importantly not rushed!
Attendees must be 16 years of age or older.
All the cuts used in any of our classes are retail grade, premium free range meats, no hormones or antibiotics. It is our wish that these classes will give you a new appreciation and respect for meat.