Starting with a brief introduction to our different meats and carcasses, you’ll learn what goes into making the perfect sausage. Our butchers will demonstrate which cuts of meat are best for sausages and why, and then it will be over to you to create your own unique style of sausage. You’ll get fully hands-on with the process of selecting the type of meat, the spices and other ingredients that will go into your snag. You’ll learn how to mince, mix and pump your sausage mix into skins and tie them the old fashioned way! You’ll impress the guests at your next barbecue with hand-made sausages.
- A custom Cannings apron
- The 5kg of sausages you’ve made in the class
- A thermal bag to keep everything cool
- A stubby holder and a jute bag for shopping
- Dinner after the class, with a paired wine
- 15% off any additional meat purchased on the night
- Location: Cannings Kew (16 Woodford Ave, Kew, 3101)
- Time: 7pm to 9:30pm (approx) – includes dinner.
- Number of attendees: approx 8
- Price: $200 per person
*Each of our classes once-off commitments. You don’t need prior experience to pursue any of our classes (aside from domestic knife familiarity). Classes are managed by two or three (depending of the number of attendants) of our best butchers, they will assist everyone in the class and make sure it is a safe and comfortable learning environment. We want each of our students to feel confidant and comfortable and most importantly not rushed!
Attendees must be 16 years of age or older.
All the cuts used in any of our classes are retail grade, premium free range meats, no hormones or antibiotics. It is our wish that these classes will give you a new appreciation and respect for meat.