Crispy Five Spice Roast Duck
Our beautiful free range ducks shine with simple preparation, which is why this crispy skinned duck recipe is sure to be a winner at your festive feast!
- 1 Free Range Whole Duck
- Chinese five spice
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat your oven to 225°C.
- Prick duck skin all over with a sharp fork and place duck, breast side up, elevated on a rack on a roasting dish.
- Pour boiling water over the duck (to tighten the skin).
- Cool duck then pour out any excess water into the roasting dish. Pat duck dry thoroughly (including the inside) and season inside and out with Chinese five spice, plus salt and pepper.
- Roast duck breast side up for 45 minutes, then remove from oven and baste with juices from the pan. Turn oven down to 170C.
- Turn the duck over and roast for a further 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven, turn duck back to breast side up, baste again with pan juices and drain any liquid from the cavity.
- Roast for a further 45 - 55 minutes, then remove from oven and rest for 25 minutes before carving.