Potato Gratin with Sundried Tomatoes
These decadent cheesy potatoes are the perfect pairing for our new Chicken Involtinis - we guarantee you'll be going in for seconds.
- 5 potatoes (we used red potatoes)
- 1 ½ cup cream
- 1 big clove of garlic
- 4 sundried tomato quarters
- 1 cup of grated colby cheese (freshly grated not pre-grated)
- 50g grass fed butter
- 2 tbsp parmesan (freshly grated not pre-grated)
- 2 tbsp breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 180C. Finely slice potatoes - keep the slices nice and thin! Finely slice the garlic, then chop 4 bits of sundried tomato into bite sized pieces.
- Melt butter, then allow to cool slightly before combining in a bowl with cream, garlic and sundried tomatoes plus 1 tbsp of oil from the jar.
- Lay one layer of sliced potatoes down on the tray. Pour over half of the cream mixture, then sprinkle with grated colby cheese and a pinch of salt. Lay down the second layer of potatoes, followed by the rest of the cream mix and another sprinkle of salt.
- In a bowl, combine grated parmesan with breadcrumbs, then sprinkle over the top of the potatoes.
- Finish off with a final sprinkle of picked thyme leaves, then cover with foil and pop into the oven for 1 hour.
- Remove foil and bake for a further 20 mins to get the top nice and crispy, then serve with some delicious Cannings Chicken Involtini (pop these in when you've got 30 mins left on the timer).