Pulled Brisket, Caramelised Onion & Goats Cheese Pizza
We love how easy this decadent pizza is with our heat and serve Pulled Brisket from Provenir!
- 1/2 pack of Provenir Red Wine and Thyme Pulled Brisket (already cooked so we just had to heat it)
- Goats cheese
- Mozzarella cheese
- Caramelised onions (olive oil or butter, onions, brown sugar, balsamic vinegar)
- BBQ sauce (a nice tangy one works best here)
- Cannings Napoli Pasta Sauce (for the sugo base)
- Pizza base
- Start off by preparing the caramelised onions - these will take a while to cook down so we recommend making a larger batch ahead of time if you can. Caramelised onions are awesome to add to all kinds of dishes so you won't regret having some of these ready to go for later cooks!
Slice 2 or 3 large onions and add to a frypan on low with a couple of tablespoons of olive oil or butter. Let these cook down very gently for 30+ mins (add a little water if you need to to keep everything from burning). Add 2 tbsp of brown sugar and 1tbsp of balsamic vinegar, and then continue cooking for another 5 - 10 mins, stirring often, until nice and sticky/caramelised.
- Preheat oven to 200C. Lay the pizza base out on the bench (we used pre-made pizza bases to save time) and spread the tomato sauce generously over the base. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese all over.
- In a pan or in the microwave, heat up the pulled beef - it's already cooked so we just want to heat it through! Then, add to the pizza base on top of the cheese, along with some caramelised onion.
- Top off with a few broken up cubes of goats cheese and bake on oven racks or on a pizza stone until golden and cooked through (this was about 10 mins for the pizza base we used).
- Remove from the oven and finish off with some rocket leaves and a drizzle of BBQ sauce.