Herb and Garlic Butterflied Chook
One of our best seller and Sam’s favourite dish, we wanted to share with you! Perfect to surprise dad on his day.
- 1 Whole Free Range Chicken
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 small bunch of sage
- 1 small bunch of thyme
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 180°C. Take your chicken out of the fridge and let it come up to room temperature. This will help ensure even cooking.
- Roughly chop the garlic and herbs and pop into a metal bowl. Add in your olive oil, salt and pepper and mix together.
- Butterfly your chicken by cutting through the breast, turning it around and opening it – or ask your butcher to do it for you. Rub your marinade all over the chicken, both on the top and the bottom. Cover and let marinate for a couple of minutes.
- Pop your marinated chicken onto a baking tray. If you like, add some veggies in with your chicken to roast (place them around the chicken and drizzle with olive oil and a sprinkle of salt and pepper). Place into the oven and bake for 45 minutes, or until the juices run clear when you pierce the meaty part of the thigh.
- Remove from oven and let rest for 10 minutes before serving. This dish would be delicious with a side of green beans or a lovely fresh Greek salad!