Honey Soy Chicken Breast with Roasted Veggies
An easy and fresh option for when you need something simple, nourishing and fast. Mid-week dinner sorted!
1 Cannings Free Range Chicken Breast 2 tbsp honey (plus extra) 2 tbsp soy sauce 1 clove of garlic (minced) A splash of apple cider vinegar Olive oil Fresh parsley and thyme 2 carrots 1 sweet potato (peeled) 1 beetroot 1 large zucchini Salt Pepper
- Preheat oven to 200C. Combine honey, soy sauce, garlic, a generous lug of olive oil, a pinch of pepper and apple cider vinegar in a small bowl.
- Using a mallet, tenderise the chicken breast until it's a nice even (flatter) thickness. Brush the breast all over with sauce, leaving a little extra in the bowl to glaze with during cooking. Let this marinate while you prep and cook the veggies.
- Chop carrots, sweet potato, beetroot and zucchini and add to a baking tray lined with baking paper. Drizzle generously with olive oil, fresh thyme, salt and pepper, plus a little bit of honey. Slide into the oven and bake for 30-40 minutes or until soft and crispy (turn half way through cooking).
- When you have about 10 mins left on the timer, heat a lug of olive oil in a frypan over a medium heat. Add the chicken and cook until golden and cooked through, basting with extra glaze throughout.
- Take off the heat and let the chicken rest for 5 - 10 mins. Chop a handful of fresh parsley and sprinkle over the roasted veggies. Plate everything up, drizzle over a bit of pan juice and enjoy!