Paleo Coconut Chicken Spring Rolls
A veggie filled spring roll alternative for our paleo friends out there!
- 1 free range chicken breast
- 1 carrot
- 1 cup of shredded cabbage
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 4 shiitake mushrooms
- A small piece of ginger
- 2 gloves of garlic
- Sesame seeds
- 1 pack of coconut wraps
- Coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 180C. Thinly slice ginger, garlic and mushrooms. Shred carrot with a grater, then dice chicken breast into small cubes.
- Add ginger and garlic to a hot pan with about a tablespoon of coconut oil. Fry for about a minute until fragrant, then add all the veggies. Once they have started to cook down, add in chicken breast, fish sauce and coconut aminos (add more to taste if needed). Sprinkle through a pinch of sesame seeds.
- Once the filling is cooked through and seasoned to your liking, lay out a coconut wrap ready to roll. Add a spoon of filling to the middle of the wrap and roll up like a burrito, tucking the edges in so it's fully sealed. Place on a lined baking tray, seam side down, then brush with a little oil.
- Pop into the oven for about 10 mins, turning once halfway through. When they're all done, remove from the oven and leave to cool for a few mins before you tuck in.
Note: these aren't quite as crispy as standard spring rolls, but they're still yummy if you aren't able to have regular spring rolls.