Vermicelli Noodle Salad with Satay Chicken Steaks
A fresh and light Vietnamese inspired vermicelli noodle salad topped off with delicious free range chicken. This recipe is fantastic for next-day lunch leftovers too!
- ½ small carrot
- ½ small cucumber
- Handful of snow peas
- Red cabbage
- 1 - 2 nests of vermicelli noodles
- Coriander to garnish (optional)
- 2 - 4 Peanut Satay Chicken Steaks (if your store doesn't stock this flavour, we can do them on request! Otherwise sub for Peanut Satay Chicken Skewers or another flavour of Chicken Steaks - they'll all be delicious in this recipe)
- 1 ½ tbsp Sweet Chilli Sauce
- ½ tbsp light soy sauce
- ¼ tsp fish sauce
- A few drops of sesame oil (use a light hand as this stuff is strong!)
- Julienne carrot and cucumber. Top and tail snow peas, then slice. Thinly slice a few handfuls of cabbage, or however much you prefer. Set veggies aside.
- Boil the jug, then pour hot water into a bowl with vermicelli noodles and allow to sit on your bench and cook through to packet directions (usually this is a few minutes). Drain to stop the cooking process and set aside.
- Mix the dressing ingredients together in a bowl, then combine veggies, noodles and sauce and toss well to combine. Set aside.
- On a hot pan, cook chicken steaks through (chicken steaks are made from thighs so they're best when cooked a little longer). Use either one or two chicken steaks per person depending on how much meat you prefer. When they're cooked to your liking, remove from the heat, slice, and add on top of the noodle salad.
- Garnish with coriander and enjoy!